Thursday, September 22, 2005

First entry


My husband calls me Babe. It is my pet name of sorts, short and sweet. It was my name for nearly twenty years but gradually he began to also call me Carol and I didn’t mind but I still answer to Babe without raising an eyebrow. It was eerie, I had been the only Babe in our family for twenty years but in a season it was applied to another Rupley, a nine year old, a big kid with a dynamite swing, Jacob. At 9 he was nearly hitting it out of the park, at 10 he did. The coaches and team started comparing him to Babe Ruth and the name stuck. I didn’t mind, I wasn’t really using the name, I didn’t own the name but it was just eerie – I am glad to share this with my wonderful son.

So that’s Babeland, why the name. But my screen name is Buddha-Babe. That’s because I am one, a Buddhist that is. I have been one for over 30 years now and I would love to hear about other experiences being Buddhist or to answer questions as I can about Buddhism. Buddhists aren’t necessarily more peaceful or less worldly, but we can be. Buddhism is about living in the moment and doing your best. There is an expression that says that if you want to know your past, look at your present circumstances and if you want to know your future, look at your present actions. Buddhism is all about responsibility and making the actions to be a better person. Of course people get angry, are greedy and etc., life is long and you have time to overcome obstacles and karma – if you choose to do so.

During the time I’m being a Buddhist, I also enjoy the arts. I have a wonderful job as a graphic designer for a scrap-booking website: www.deco-pages.com, please check out some of the wonderful designs available at the site. It is a truly liberating experience to create the digital kits and they are surprisingly affordable. Check ‘em out.

Well I will close for now; I’d love to get your input about Buddhism, the arts and design, Babe Ruth, baseball or other interesting topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home