Friday, November 10, 2006

New 1950s Style Freebies


I am really excited about the new kits and products at www.deco-pages.com. (Don't tell Deb I told you) but in December we are going to have another scavenger hunt. Dana Conditt came up with the first hunt and it was a big success, we had lots of visitors and a lot of fun finding all of those elements for Halloween. The Christmas freebies should be just as fun and I chose the colors scheme for this kit. hehehe, I made it a little bit challenging because I chose only 8 fairly bright colors. To the left is a card from the kit. There are lots of bright colors and simple shapes, just perfect for a fifties look.
Also in the 1950s vein, I created a mini-kit as a blog freebie. This kit shares very similar colors and a cut out shapes like the other kit. So if you like that simple patterned, 1950s style be sure to get the free mini-kit now AND be sure to check back for the scavenger hunt later. Link: Free Kit

Also, I have been playing with shockwave animation. I have been working on actionscript for the Holiday season. I am fairly new to Actionscript but I am having a lot of fun learning all of the rules. Create an object that is generic to create another object that is useful (like an listener). Listen for changes so you can do some other action. It is just as foreign as it sounds! Here is an example of one I am working on:





5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Hi Carol
Thanks for the tip of another Hunt @ Deco-Pages.
I will not tell Deb! LOL
Thank You for sharing your cool sampler

9:12 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

You are welcome! I really appreciate your feedback, you always leave a message and that really is encouraging to me that I am creating something people like and will use.

10:59 AM  
Blogger jburkhart said...

Thank you Carol for the beautiful retro Christmas sampler....looks great! Your animation turned out wonderful...I don't even have a clue as to how to do that!

Thanks again...and, I, too, can hardly wait for the next deco-hunt!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Deb Ammerman said...

You are sooooo busted! :D

I know it's hard to keep a great secret like that! I am really looking forward to the holidays and all the fun we have planned at Deco-Pages!

Thanks for the freebies! I love them! Its hard to be mad at you when you give presents... even when you have been NAUGHTY! :D

1:40 PM  
Blogger tajicat said...

Great Retro look! I will try to remember about the hunt. I missed most of the Halloween hunt. I'm having lots of computer problems. Thanks for sharing your work! :)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home